Monday, March 2, 2009

Siege

A giant lies beside a tower
and begin to wondering
at the stars who are too far away.

The lilliputians have now advanced.
They have siege towers
and better ropes
and more arrows too.

They do not look for Guilliver.
BUT war among each other.
So why on earth am I fighting in front of a giant?
What would make that giant
stir. Or perhaps make stir-fried veggies?

I am readied to join battle.
I won't be gone like cattle.
I am hard pressed on every side,
but not crushed;
perplexed, but not in despair;
persecuted, but not abandoned;
struck down, but not destroyed.

My adversaries are large and excessively
burly and hairy too.
I quake and made chocolate cake
in my pants.
But I knock them down in a frenzy and
danced my way out.

We hack and slash hard
and shoot arrows for a long time
trying to claim ownership of the giant,
Whose saddened eyes are obviously
interested
in the war, but would not involve himself.

Fires are ablaze, scorching tiny ones.
The giant could have put them out with a
sneeze.

So why didn't he?
So why did he just break the siege?
Why do we have to suffer?

The liliputians beg him to join their side,
just turn on his side and squash the infidels
but he is irresposive
as if dead except for the
rising and falling of his chest.

Now, what on earth were we fighting about?
How to crack eggs?

No comments: