Sunday, May 24, 2009

Spectator

I see... walking across the road
Two entwined passions
a dance shared by two.
A smile spread over my face.

My haunting demons taunt me.
Wasn't that She whom you loved
that now she walks with another
that you are left alone

I don't care at all.
I congratulate their passion
Love, it gladdens my heart
I will bless them gladly.

Hypocrite! Hypocrite!
Where was the jealous boy?
who drank fully from the cup of crushed sour grapes.
when his secondary school flame was
being chatted with by a
handsome man?
Hypocrite! Liar! Blasphemer!

Much words can whirl around my head.
They can cut into my heart,
chilling it.

But I laugh it off and sip joy from their passion.
There is greater love and I have been touched by it.
Go girl, be blessed and be happy.

While i retire into this greater Love i have found.

***

I see... a whirlwind in man.
My friend has turned tempest
Estranged, emasculated, enraged
he swings around, screaming his pain
these fearsome lightning bolts fizzle out.
His tormentors are not judged and feel right.
'Tis sad that his friends are his very tormentors.
from his lips, lava flows freely like an artery severed.
No man should, in trying times be without a friend
but he has no one to offer a balm for his wounds.
no nurse to sooth them with kisses or kindness.
the storm flood his insides with despairing rain.
He wishes to die and lay down and the world
would collapse with his fall, his desolation.
His eyes are blinded by his own fury.
The hailstones he let loose has
crushed his own eyes. He
does not see Love. In
suffering, who can
endure without
superhuman
love?

Love is patient, kind and not jealous. Love is not boastful or proud. Love is never irritable, it keeps no record of being wronged, and it rejoices when the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful and always endures. Love will last forever.

-Paul of Tarsus' letter to the people of Corinth.

No comments: