Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Another Day

Holding a bloodstained book with an odor as formidable as a caveman's armpits, you hunt for a PAGE (Programmable Anamnesis Genetic Encoder) so as to see the next part. Sifting through books scattered over the person's place, you accidentally knock over a haphazardly stacked pile of books. You berate yourself for your clumsiness, until you see a black chip laying on the tiled floor. Eureka.
March 18

Today was the auditions for the school play meant for the SYF (Singapore Youth Festival). I had horrendously under calculated students willing to audition. I'm impressed that students in my school are that enthusiastic, either that or I'm a cynic. I did my part, but the results would only be out by Monday. I would not lie, my stomach was full of butterflies and my speech was slurred. Maybe its my fault for eating a tuna sandwich beforehand. =p
[A bored audience is starting to hold their own conversations]

While that might be the highlight of today, it's easy to forget about the significance of bonding with family, friends and God daily. Like in Luke 10:38-42

"As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!" "Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her." "

It is very easy to worry about many things see. Many of us are like Martha, having attend to studies, to attend to CCA, attend to our plans/projects/pleasures etc etc. When such things go right, we feel happy but tired, when things go the other way, we feel frustrated and worried. [Yawns from the audience are audible]

Being busy is okay, sorta. The big thing is if it inhibits what that is 'better' like your relationships, you gotta shuffle your priorities. By relationships, not the stupid boy-girl thing. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against it, but I feel that it wastes time for students. By relationships, I mean, with God, family and friends. If you neglect God, even a thousand achievements seem hollow in comparison. Same for family and friends.
[Restlessness is rampant, everyone wants that long winded dude off the stage]

Humans are made from one thing which defines us as intelligent sentient creatures. It is Hate. Nothing but Hate Hate Hate
[There was a hush of disbelief]['whoops wrong script' says the speaker, there's a fumble and swearing as speaker looks for the right paragraph]

Okay my bad, it's love. That was a deliberate mistake to see if you are awake.
[audience clamoring for speaker to get offstage. Riots occur. Middle fingers given workouts that rivals Olympic athletes]

However, a material world makes pure love impossible due to other things which valued, distorts love. Dun get me wrong, i still like a cuppa coffee now and again as well as success.
[Coffee traders cheer]

Important thing is balance in life, imbalance have ruined many a good life. Workaholics whose work was at expense of love die regretfully. Indulgent Thrill-seekers lament at loss of opportunity. Hard to decide how life should be lived eh?


Maybe not like that.
[Calvin and Hobbes fans shouts out their disagreements and how the speaker should go and stuff his %&#$ at where is #$%@ is]

Now to further elaborate.
[the audience look ready to murder. Speaker oblivious as he drinks water]

Well, that look is about as useful to my confidence as a chair for a whale is. -_-
[Let the rotten tomatoes fly]

oh my that is not very nice. I swear if audiences can be even pleased by speeches, pigs can fly.
['Oink Oink' is heard, a a blur of pink zips through the length of the hall, hitting the speaker on the face]

...

No comments: