Thursday, March 20, 2008

Deep Water

You push open a dull wooden door to enter the bedroom. Stepping into a bare room with only an unmade bed and an unattractive wardrobe, you make a cursory sweep of the room for hints of the previous owner's memory cards to his electronic diary which you hold in your hand, disguised as a book, albeit one that is bloodstained with what you were sure was the owner's blood. Opening the wardrobe, you find a jumble of clothes in a boring colors lying on the bottom, with empty clothes hangers hanging on a pole fixed to two sides of the wardrobe. You remove the pile of clothes to see nothing significant. Disappointed, you were about to turn away, when the power to the apartment failed, leaving you in darkness or was it? The interior of the wardrobe had writing on it. A glow of phosphorescence undetected due to its writing on a white background.

R5 R67 L23 L10 R15 R23 L0 1 sec delay to confirm

You puzzle over the meaning over the writing, but not for long. You flip the book to the right to page 5, right to page 67, left to page 23, right to page 15, right to page 23 pausing at these pages for exactly one second. You find yourself face to face with its owner's holographic face again
.

March 20
Hey there, today was another day of communicating with people again, this time round, a normally solemn guy from my class (not in Jurong Junior College for first three months) well, err, asked for phone numbers of people. He didn't normally say much, eat faster than I could (compeitive spirit rising), to be frank, just not to insult anyone or anything, the girls found him very reclusive. Btw, I'm a guy, although I hate to admit it, that dude is handsome, but I still retain my compeitive edge as I'm handsome AND charming. I'm straight and a heartthrob among ladies although they will never admit it.
[Retching from everyone]

Ah well, on to my deep water parts, PW (project work) requies me to concoct ideas that do something, both are very general topics (One is 'Journey' and the other 'Modernization') I have no idea what to do. Boy am I in deep water, I optimistic even though I'm like Jonah in the belly of the whale that God will instruct me.
[The author notices a shadow looming over him. he turns around to stare into the humongous mouth of the whale and bows his head in resignation before taking out a violin from his pocket and playing a mourning tune as the mouth of the whale closes over him)

Speaking of no idea, my brother asked me this
Qn: What do you call a blind deer?
Ans:No Idea (no eye deer)


I was amused by this pun. But the poor thing was the butt of my jokes this time round.
[Animal rights activists fire torpedoes at the author, but they forget he is in the mouth of a whale]

Anyway, I saw an interesting name of a place in New Zealand, boy would it be amusing to watch the expression of the interviewers when you present this address to them. It ain't insulting, it ain't perverse, it ain't discriminatory.

It just wastes space when you fill out employment forms especially under address.

Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu
[People there swear curses at author for insulting where they live, but they forget he is in the mouth of a whale]
check it out on the internet for its translation.

Ain't our world an interesting place to live in?
[Cynics and Apocalyptists disagree with the author, but they forget he is in the mouth of a whale]

[The whales swims off to the deep blue, with the author in its mouth]
Boy am I in deep water after all that.

No comments: